Have you been working hard to improve your Korean language skills? Do you need a place to show off your Korean language skills? The Korean Speaking Contest 2022 will be a perfect opportunity for you! This year’s competition will be held as a HYBRID EVENT, making it possible for Korean language learners all across Australia to be part of. The winner of this competition will get invited to Korea to compete amongst contestants all around the world! Please share the link to your speech and you are all ready to go!
Find out more below:
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Non-Korean background Korean language learners all across Australia (18+) Click here to apply
- A preliminary assessment will then take place and the shortlisted finalists will be contacted in due course.
- Speech scrip & link to speech required / Entry closes on 20/06/2022 (Mon) 6:00pm
TOPIC: Choose one topic from the following, up to 4 minutes
- ‘비슷한 듯, 다른 듯 한국어 한국문화’ (‘Similar yet different, Korean language and Korean culture’)
- ‘10년 후 나의 모습, 내 미래’ (‘Me in ten years’)
* ‘Similar yet different, Korean language and Korean culture’ topic is for you to compare the language and culture of Australia with Korean language and Korean culture. Please share your interesting thoughts and experiences you felt while learning the Korean language and Korean culture.
WHEN & WHERE?
- Time & Date: 30th June, Thursday at 6:30pm
- Hybrid Event: Korean Cultural Centre and via ZOOM
* The participants who are located near Sydney will be expected to do their speech OFFLINE at the venue.
- Diversity (30), Fluency (30), Accuracy (20), Pronunciation (20)
* Diversity criteria indicate whether your speech includes various and in-depth contents.
- 1st prize winner will be invited to Korea by King Sejong Institute to compete with contestants all around the world.
- 2nd & 3rd prize winners to receive $200 & $100 gift voucher respectively.
- Please register ‘here’ for both offline and online audience.
ENQUIRIES: 02 8267 3400 / firstname.lastname@example.org