Instructor: Heather Jeong
The Korean Cultural Centre offers cooking classes taught by a popular cooking teacher and caterer Heather Jeong where students learn how to cook authentic Korean dishes. The classes are hands on cooking experiences that focuses on understanding Korean ingredients, learning traditional and modern Korean recipes, and experiencing differences in regional and seasonal Korean food.
The classes are kept small, up to 8 students, and students make 2-3 dishes in each class. The class concludes with lunch/dinner of the dishes made, accompanied by numerous side dishes and kimchi that is unique to Korean cuisine. The modern, well equipped Korean Cultural Centre aims to enhance better understanding of Korean food and Korean culture.
- Demonstration + Hands on cooking + Comprehensive Recipes + Eat what you cook
- To learn how to cook and prepare a number of Korean recipes
- To gain knowledge about Korean culture
- 2016 Term 2 : Every Tuesday 11am and 6pm (10th May - 31st May) - APPLY NOW!
- Korean Cultural Centre, 255 Elizabeth Street Sydney
1 Session each
1 Term (4 Sessions)
* Become a member of the Korean Cultural Centre ($25) and receive exclusive discounts and priorities for a year.
* Ingredient expenses included
* Cash only
Week 1 (10th May)
Bibimbap – How to make one of the most iconic Korean dishes
Quick Bibimbap – Quick mid-week meal
Week 2 (17th May)
Samgyetang – How to make famous ginseng chicken soup
Kkakduki (Radish kimchi) – How to make radish kimchi
Week 3 (24th May)
Yangnyeom-galbi (marinated beef short ribs) – learn how to marinate the king of Korean BBQ
Doenjang jjigae (soy bean soup) – learn how to make Korea’s most popular soup
Week 4 (31st May)
Korean fried chicken – how to make fried chicken three ways
+ Learn how to make 2 side dishes:
Hayan moo (white radish) – How to make side dish for fried chicken
Myeolchi bokkeum (soy sauce tiny anchovies) – The most delicious of all side dishes
You will receive a confirmation email for submission within 3 business days of your application. Please make a payment within 5 working days after you apply to finish your class enrolment.
- Offline : Visit our centre for the application form and submit in person.
- Payment option : Cash Only (No credit card payment available)
* Address: Ground Floor, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
- Class fee to be paid with enrolment application (Within 5 days of receiving confirmation email)
- Class enrolment will not be completed until payment is received
- Apron, tea towel, container, pen and paper (Materials and other use of equipment/tools provided).
- Email: email@example.com
Bibimbap (Week 1)
Samgyetang (Week 2)
Kkakduki (Week 2)
Yangnyeom-galbi (Week 3)
Doenjang Jjigae (Week 3)
Korean fried chicken (Week 4)
Book with your Friends!
State of the Art Facilities!
An Expert Teacher!